Search This Blog

Saturday, November 24, 2012

Snails

Yesterday my four yr old woke up with an idea. She came to me begging to make a snail, and in her best description, she played out the entire idea step by step! The whole thing completely made my heart smile!! The fact that she knew exactly how she wanted to make the snails, blew me away! 


We have a HUGE box of broken jewelry and she had seen some broken pieces of glass that reminded her of snail shells. She collected some jewels for the shells, and quickly ran outside to collect sticks that resembled the snail's bodies complete with antennae  She then found some beads and buttons and quickly added black pupils with a sharpie marker. The only thing I did, was glue them together with hot glue for her!


 Later she made more snails with marbles and glued them all over the tree in our backyard! I love when she comes up with her own ideas! I love that she woke up on Thanksgiving and wanted to make snails! I love that she is becoming an individual with a creative mind and that I can be there to make her ideas come to life!

5 comments:

  1. These are just adorable! What a great idea :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome. I love creativity! When I go into a school as artist-in-residence I always tell them we are not going to just color, cut out & paste down. We start by carding the wool from my sheep ;-) Love that she was inspired by some goodies & went at it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Absolutely precious! So much better than using some sort of snail template or pattern that everyone has to follow! I love the pure creative thought process behind these. What a good momma you are to let her run with this fabulous idea!

    ReplyDelete
  4. And by the way, the snail eyes are great, but your daughter's eyes are spectacular!

    ReplyDelete

Total Pageviews