Search This Blog

Friday, January 13, 2012

Jim Dine (repost)

I wanted to repost my Jim Dine lesson if you missed it last year. I have had a bunch of e-mails lately about this lesson because they remembered it and couldn't find it. I forgot to label it for the side bar (oops). So here is Jim Dine with oil pastels. This lesson was very successful with grades 2-5th. We had SO MANY beautiful works of heart with such individual styles. If you did this with your kiddos last year, I would love to hear about it!


Oil Pastels!!!


I LOVE this project. Fourth and Fifth grade were shown artwork by Jim Dine. They had to create a composition with oil pastels of a heart/s! Everyone’s art had to be original and express the feelings of their heart.hearts20 hearts22

heartscollage2 hearts19

hearts1 hearts3 hearts4 hearts6 hearts7 hearts9 hearts15 hearts12 hearts5 hearts10 hearts11 hearts17 hearts13 hearts14

hearts16

9 comments:

  1. I did this project with my students last year. Here is a link to my post on my blog.

    http://faystonart.blogspot.com/search/label/jim%20dine

    I love the way you photographed your students working on their art! Such a unique P.O.V. to show the artist's hand and the piece of work in progress. I also love the quilt-style display of your artists' work. How do you do that?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the link, Nora, your hearts look beautiful!! I take lots of pictures as the kids are working. I think the process is the most beautiful part of every artwork. Just watching them work through each step in their head. The quilt collage was made in picnik. There is an option to make a collage and you choose how many squares you want and drag the pictures in.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wonderful!
    Beautifuls Blog and good artists!

    Ciao arteinmagia.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm currently teaching Jim Dine to my 2nd graders...they are wowed by his hearts! Yours look great, and I love how I see some that almost look like Marsden Hartley's paintings as well! (how ironic?)

    ReplyDelete
  6. These look wonderful! Your kiddos did a great job on them!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. How long did it take them to complete their hearts? Is this a lesson that could be finished in a 45 minute class period, or did it require two? Beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great weblog right here! Also your web site quite a bit up fast! What host are you the usage of? Can I am getting your associate link in your host? I wish my web site loaded up as quickly as yours lol
    Honeywell HE360A Whole House Powered Humidifier

    ReplyDelete
  9. I would like to thank you for the efforts you've put in writing this blog. I'm hoping the same high-grade blog post from you in the upcoming also. Actually your creative writing abilities has encouraged me to get my own blog now. Really the blogging is spreading its wings fast. Your write up is a good example of it.
    Kamik Women's Jennifer Rain Boot

    ReplyDelete

Total Pageviews