Search This Blog

Loading...

Monday, December 5, 2011

Winter Cardinals

We are doing a one day painting of a winter cardinal right now. The kids did an AWESOME job today!

edit1

There is a certain cardinal that you might have heard of…I ‘m sure…that the kids know very well, and were very excited to talk about. They made the connection very quickly. I did not even bring it up!

angry bird

edit2

We started with a simple line drawing with black permanent marker. I modeled it with them, and they watched a video on youtube. We looked at lots of images of cardinal paintings.

.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3ZvacOMSis0&feature=related

edit11

edit13

They had to make the sky light blue by using lots of water, and dotted the snow at the very end

edit5

edit6

edit7

I did this with EVERY grade level…and they all did great! Here are some kindergarten examples below!

edit9

edit8

edit10

8 comments:

  1. These are beautiful!!
    Keri
    www.texasartteacher.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I always LOVE looking at your blog, and I really think these winter cardinals are awesome! I don't consider birds an easy thing to draw but these should be on the front of Christmas cards! Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Brianna! The kids did so good on these I wanted to laminate them! Thanks for your sweet comments!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love these.. thanks for the video link!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love these guys. I am going to do this with my 1/2 split class for their Christmas presents for their parents. Thanks for the great examples!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Just finished your birds with my class and they turned out beautiful. I put some on my blog if you care to peak. thanks so much for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I have so many questions for you. I love your blog and incredible art ideas!!! What kind of paper did you use? Is that water color?? Is there anywhere on this site that gives step by step directions?? I would love to do this type of stuff with my 3rd graders. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete

Total Pageviews