Search This Blog

Loading...

Wednesday, May 28, 2014

Father's Day Coffee Painted Sepia Eagles!



Today we started a fun little one day project for Father's Day and Memorial Day. We need simple stuff since school is almost out so I had a can of Instant coffee and we made some Sepia artwork!! 

When I asked the students if their daddys/grandfathers liked coffee they ALL raised their hands!! 



We looked at several sepia photos on the internet, and then I had the students do the step by step draw along I created above



I gave each table a plate with some instant coffee....gently rub a wet brush on the coffee and it slowly dissolves into a nice sepia tone 






These are the parts they painted with coffee first


Then they could add a very small amount of color on the sepia painting








My daughter is in kindergarten, and I was so proud of how her Eagle turned out...I'm sure it won't be a surprise for daddy after I post this, Oh well :-)




6 comments:

  1. Natalie what a wonderful idea,and how talented you and the children are. I would like to share a website I own where children can download free a beautiful Fathers day coupon book.This would also work for Grandpa as well.
    http://www.personaletters.com
    Thanks and keep up the wonderful projects
    Dianne W

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow these are gorgeous! Kindergarten!? Beautiful. I'm totally stealing this :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. You have got to be one of the most brilliant and creative Art Teachers on the face of this plant-I do know a few others-how did they all end up in SBISD????

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, you're so clever! What a great project. And coffee for a sepia wash - Fantastic!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh' that was really good' So sweet to know that you do that for your father. I am sure he would really love it. Thanks for sharing.

    Autumn

    ReplyDelete
  6. Tutoring is very important for students in SAT or any tests through this they can prepare tests With full confidence. And success ratio of free sat prep classes in nyc your child can increase. It is very difficult for the choice of online tutoring. I like all this discussion.

    ReplyDelete

Total Pageviews