Search This Blog

Monday, June 13, 2011

Coral Reef

painting21
Ok I LOVE summer with my girls. These moments are magical! Today I asked June what she wanted to make and without hesitation in her three year old imagination she quickly responded…”Fish mommy…I want to make fish please”
So we google imaged “tropical coral reef”
She loved looking at all the fish and talking about all the different colors and designs.
painting18
She drew some fish and I held her little hand and helped draw some more. She had a list of everything she wanted: blowfish, star fish, catfish, flounder,speckled trout, shark, jelly fish, and SquidWard (my husband is a fisherman and she is obsessed with fish)
painting27
painting26
painting19
I cut them out and we counted them and sorted them a few times.
painting17
Then time to paint!!
painting15
painting14
painting16
Look at the water change colors mommy
painting11
painting20
I told her to paint yellow on her blue starfish and see what color it made
painting25
painting13
Wow GREEN!!”
painting12
painting9
We used all different things to paint a variety of lines,dots, and designs;
Forks
painting8
chopsticks
painting7
Q-tips
painting6
and Fingers of course!
painting2
The highlight of my day was when my almost three yr old turned to me and said, “This makes me happy,mommy
painting1
She finally added some buttons and sequins with Elmer’s glue
painting23
IMG_3249painting29
I used my hot glue gun to glue the pieces together. June picked out some shells for the bottom and we were thrilled with the finished coral reef!!
painting22

Total Pageviews