Search This Blog

Loading...

Thursday, October 16, 2014

Got Coffee Filters? Beautiful (super easy) Spooky Silhouette

With the recent blood moon and lunar eclipse, this lesson fit right in with the season! 

When they are finished, they can decorate the outside with construction paper crayons








This beautiful and very seasonal art...designed by my 4 yr old with a sharpie,
only lasted 2 days...so sad





This adorable seasonal sharpie art is two weeks old and showing no signs of decay...clearly you should get yourself some coffee filters and markers and create some awesome seasonal ART today 

This is how I tell them how to fold it "First to a taco, then to a pie, third fold's a pizza, now give it a try"


                                        I left out the picture of the next step. Color it!   
                                                 then...................

Spraaaaayyyyyyy!!! front and back! (on a piece of paper so it doesn't get everywhere!)

                                           Fold the white paper and  Smoosh it!!

                                                   

                             Gently open the coffee filter and lay it on the paper to dry




Trace the coffee filter with a white crayon



Draw a line inside that line and cut on the inside line. You can add a hill if you want.


glue the coffee filter with a thin line of glue



Then for the fun, decorate with sharpies and BOOM silhouette amazingness!








18 comments:

  1. Amazing ! I love them all. I'm gonna make some with my daughter. Thank's !!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So cool!! Thanks for sharing this wonderful idea!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Could you do the silhouette first with Sharpie? Then you could finish the project in one art class.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Um, WOW! So pretty! Your students must be so thrilled with the results! I am super-partial to silhouettes and have done a couple of projects with my kiddos over the years with them and it's great to teach them about contour lines. A great book that I use to get them thinking about silhouettes is "The Day the Babies Crawled Away" such a cute book and students really enjoy it. Thank you so much for taking the time to share this post with us--beautiful! Brandie (a.k.a. Mrs. P from Create Art With Me)

    ReplyDelete
  5. What kind of color media did you use to color the filter??

    ReplyDelete
  6. I was very pleased to find this site. I wanted to thank you for this great read!! I definitely enjoyed every little bit of it and I have you bookmarked to check out the new stuff you post.
    Floorsanding Gold Coast | Polished floors Brisbane

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love these - so colorful. I'm not sure why cut a hole behind the coffee filter? Is it so the work is more transparent?

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great idea! I took this and tweaked it a little for my fourth graders. They are AWESOME! I am currently writing a post about it now where I linked back to your post. http://msnovak.blogspot.com/2015/10/4th-grade-silhouettes-and-oil-pastel.html

    ReplyDelete
  9. I would love to give these a try. What do you spray on the coffee filters?

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi, I would like to do this with my class. What's in the spray bottle for color?

    ReplyDelete
  11. water is in the bottle, it makes the sharpie markers spread their colour and blend

    ReplyDelete
  12. MayTag Replacement Filter

    Home Air and Water Filters Up to 70% Off Retail. Air and water filters at your door! Free shipping for all orders.
    Our high quality refrigerator filters remove the taste and odor of chlorine and contaminants in your water. Get better tasting water, ice, coffee, and other beverages by replacing your filter every 6 months! You can contact any time http://www.filterdrop.com

    ReplyDelete

Total Pageviews