Search This Blog

Loading...

Wednesday, March 25, 2015

BunBun One Day Watercolor Value Excercise



For this project, students are working on creating value with watercolor. Some students colored with crayon because their class was shorter. We made a monochromatic bunny with tints and shades of brown and gray.

Students were requires to make a scale of value from dark to light on the bunny's face and body.

 We looked at lots of photos of bunnies, colors, shape, and had Bunbun come for a visit.We looked at Bunbuns eyes, ears, and feet.





Add eggs to make a 2 day project!

This project was modified for the younger ones below with this step by step draw a long


It is always more fun to do a still life with a live model!



















6 comments:

  1. Natalie, you are Awesome - and your step by step lessons are the Best! These are so Great! Your pictures of BunBun with the kids really brought a smile to my face. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Mary you are the best commenter! Your comments bring a smile to my face and are so encouraging!!! I love all your recent stuff as well a specially all the animals! We have that in common, you must be an animal lover as well!! Thanks again for the always sweet messages!!

      Delete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Natalie, you are just great teacher. I love all your step by step lessons! I just joined a Phoenix kindergarten and your blogs are such great inspirations for me. Thanks!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my gosh I just love your bunny!!!!!! What kind of rabbit is he?!?! Thank you!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. These are just super cute pictures from the learning class “BunBun Watercolor Value Excercise”. These art pieces created by kids are truly fantastic. I am lately using kidsfront math activities in my class http://www.kidsfront.com/math-activity/1.learning.html but I will definitely be using this Watercolor class idea too.

    ReplyDelete

Total Pageviews