Search This Blog

Loading...

Friday, November 4, 2011

Zebra’s, Tigers, and Giraffes OH My!!

We have started a number of new projects this week! They are coming along well and I cannot WAIT to post results! These are the fifth grade color wheel zebras. We are studying the analogous “friend” colors!

zebra

We are drawing with pencil, and then…

zebra2

painting with liquid watercolors!

zebra3

Third and fourth are making Hip Hop animals with neon paint and splatter paint! They have chosen different animals to draw and paint a think black outline, that they will fill in with neon paint and add details like sunglasses, necklaces, tiaras, etc.

edit6

edit1tiger

I just thought the inverse looked soo cool!!

edit3

2nd grade is making giraffes with headphones and they will add song lyrics around the background! This is my original sketch…their drawings look soooooo cute so far!!

editgirraffe

headphones2 headphonesgirraffe

18 comments:

  1. I love the wild and bright vibrant colors. Very funky and fun.

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are just AWESOME!!! Love them!

    I am wondering... Do the kids draw their own outlines in the younger grades?

    ReplyDelete
  3. The older ones look at photos of animals and i model how to draw the zebra,and the younger ones do a draw-along with me for the girraffe. Then they paint and use neon paper scraps to add the headphones. I am going to give them metalic sharpies to write their favorite song lyrics around the girraffe

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love these!! The kids must adore them. And in a totally positive way, they make me think of the Lisa Frank stuff I used to obsess over each school year as a kid. They're so cool!

    ReplyDelete
  5. this is PERFECT for the circus unit I'm doing right now.. Can I use your giraffe illustration?
    Merci!

    ReplyDelete
  6. WOW! These are AWESOME! I am so impressed!! Love!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow! Love them! The hip-hop animals look great!

    Ilse @
    art lessons from Belgium

    ReplyDelete
  8. the quality of the drawings and vivid colors are simply amazing, wow! Nicely done!

    Molly artideasthatgrow.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hello,

    My name is Demi.
    My teacher Arlyn looked at your blog and we found a nice drwaing command.
    Look at our pictures: hetlevenvanbttb.blogspot.com
    My blog is Dutch.
    Greetings from our class, Bbtb

    ReplyDelete
  10. Is there some way that i could buy the zebra one? OR have one made? i love it!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wonderful! I have two questions:
    1. Did you do a "draw with me" for the zebras? It seems like a tough thing for students to draw, so just wondering how you go the students to do such a good job.
    2. I have not used liquid watercolors in my classroom yet. Does there end up being a lot of waste from the unused paint, like there can be with tempera paints?

    ReplyDelete
  12. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  13. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love your giraffe picture it inspired a project I did with my 4th grade students.
    Check it out on my blog.
    http://thenewadventuresofoldmsb.blogspot.com/2012/04/if-giraffe-listened-to-music-what-kind.html .

    ReplyDelete
  15. Where is this school located. Your kids are creative the pictures are beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Where is this school located. Your kids are creative the pictures are beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  17. I am in love with your zebra! I wish I could add it to my art collection!

    ReplyDelete

Total Pageviews