Search This Blog

Loading...

Thursday, May 23, 2013

Best Project Ever!

So with the end of the school year upon us, I needed a good simple lesson, that would be fun and EASY! This project is good for kinder through fifth! YES they ALL love this project! I told them it is something they can do at home this summer too! We have had more fun this week doing this, I think they would be happy doing it next week too! 

All you need is coffee filters, a spray bottle, markers, and some glue
 First fold the coffee filter like this


 Then spray about 3-4 times on the FRONT and the BACK and squish it flat and smooth

Then use markers to make a creative design with DOTS!
Every dot has to be done on the front AND THE BACK.
 Then CAREFULLY open to reveal the gorgeous design!!!! The best thing is that the whole project only takes one class period!



I let each student make two circle designs




 Then glue onto a piece of paper and create something!! The posssibilities of "circle things" is endless! I have LOVED seeing everyone's creative ideas!!!

Monster Truck
 Ferris Wheel
 Super hot soccer ball
 Pizza!
 Flowers
 Headphones!
 Stained glass window on a church wall!
 Crystal Ball!!
 Ice Cream Cone!
 Glasses!
 Another Monster Truck (they were popular)


 Gumball Machines!

10 comments:

  1. What a great idea! You just gav me the inspiration, I was surfing around for. Thanks a lot. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very cool! And great to see the variety of responses : )

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow- so cool- I love the open-ended creative possibilities the students have with this. Can I ask- using the markers on the wet coffee filter- it doesn't 'wreck' the markers at all?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That is a fabulous question. I think it depends on the volume of kids you have using the markers. I have done this project with over 700 kids this week and have only noticed a few "casualties" with the markers.Some kids have done up to six of them! There are certain colors they go crazy over that have started to dry up, but for the most part, the markers are holding up well.

      Delete
  4. LOVE!! I Have ONE more lesson with my big kids tomorrow & I think I'll do this one:) (Hope I can get myself to the store for coffee filters today.)
    Thanks so much for sharing......easy prep lessons are the best to have on file for days like end of the year.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Perfect! Pinning. Doing with some grade next week :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. So fun. What a great way to change up the coffee filter project. We teach art in the hospital with Arts For Life and the coffee filters are always a hit. This will be a great way to tweak it. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  7. So fun. What a great way to change up the coffee filter project. We teach art in the hospital with Arts For Life and the coffee filters are always a hit. This will be a great way to tweak it. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is such a creative use for coffee filters! I'll be featuring this on The Crafty Crow!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Finally, something different for that coffee filter project! I've seen coffee filters and markers over and over again, but this takes it to another level which is great!

    ReplyDelete

Total Pageviews