Search This Blog

Friday, January 27, 2012

Heart Works

I usually never do a lesson two years in a row. I just love this lesson though. I never get tired of it because the kids love it and their artwork is just so expressive. We did it again this year with third fourth and fifth, and I could just wallpaper my whole house with all the different and beautiful heartworks. I love them so much!

edit2

edit1

edit4edit3

edit7edit9

edit11edit14

edit5

edit10edit15

edit12edit13

edit16

edit17

edit24edit22

edit19

edit20edit26

edit18

edit23

edit21

edit8

Third grade did it a bit differently. I showed them videos about zentangles and they made that as their background. They could only color the heart and we learned about the art principal of Emphasis. I tell the kids to break up the space with 5-10 lines from heart to edge of paper. Then fill each section with designs.



edit4edit3

edit6edit5

edit7edit10

edit8edit9

2 comments:

  1. These are all beautiful and very expressive. I especially like the 3rd grade versions. Do your students work on paper mats?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your zentangle hearts. I hope you do not mind if I try it with some of my classes. I am posting props to you on my artjulz page!!
    Julie

    ReplyDelete

Total Pageviews