Search This Blog

Thursday, February 9, 2012

Valentine’s Day

We have been going a bit crazy with Valentine’s this year. Some years I don’t do anything and others seem to be full of glitter and hearts every day for weeks. This lesson evolved this morning from the other flying hearts lesson and turned out cute!. 
IMG_1464 copy
IMG_1457 copy
IMG_1458 copy
Each student had a partner and traced each other’s hands
IMG_1465
IMG_1459 copy
Then cut, and glue onto a heart with a tiny heart inside
IMG_1461 copy
Some kids colored the wings and added glitter.
edit1
At the end of class I took a few artoworks into the kiln room with the vent on and sprayed a heart doily with silver for a nice accent! It looked so cool!
spraypaint3
spraypaint
spraypaint2

10 comments:

  1. Yet ANOTHER idea I will be trying shortly!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awesome! Aly your tipis are AMAZING
      I totally want to do that!! And the blanket you made is fabulous..I want one!!!

      Delete
  2. I'm guessing you had to cut out all the middle pieces for them? Was this one session?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. actually I just showed them how to poke their scissors through and they cut it themselves. It took one 55 minute session

      Delete
  3. Replies
    1. Thanks for the sweet comment, glad you like it!

      Delete
  4. So sweet! Can't you just imagine a mother's smile when she is greeted with one of these!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I would love it! I love all the art my girls bring home! I let them write letters on the back to thier Valentine when they were done.

      Delete
  5. Absolutely love this idea. In my Year 2 class, we started by tracing the hands today. Just wondering where I could find an image of the wings to copy.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Great! I just got images from google image. If you look at the post before this, i did a step by step wings drawing

      Delete

Total Pageviews