Search This Blog

Friday, November 2, 2012

Super Simple Step by Step Sugar Skulls Drawing

Dia De Los Muertos is a holiday celebrated in Mexico TODAY! Nov 2nd! It is special to me because a large majority of our kids are either from or have family from Mexico. Many of them tell me about their families celebrating this holiday. I want them to know the skull can be something beautiful and not scary (Halloween) . The sugar skulls are so fun and I have a huge sweet tooth!! I like the idea of remembering the loved ones who are so dear to us, who have passed away. One way they celebrate is by cooking the favorite food of a special person who has passed away. I want to make Jamaican patties this weekend to remember my grandmother who lived in Jamaica as a missionary. My mother spent most of her childhood there and there are so many beautiful memories that I love to hear about. I love the thought of a special day to talk about and remember my grandparents who are in heaven now.

Here is a simple step by step I used with the young ones today to draw sugar skulls!

cool link to Dia De Los Muertos
A pile of groovy sugar skulls, decorated by Thaneeya McArdle

we used oil pastels around the edges to give it value!




Mona celebrates too!




6 comments:

  1. Great take on Dia De Los Muertos. Thanks for the step-by-step :)Elizabeth

    ReplyDelete
  2. As such, these findings might shed new light on chronic pain. Park said. Asikqq Pkv

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ngoài ra, hãy nhớ rằng thẻ nhiều ngày không cần phải được sử dụng vào những ngày liên tiếp: https://vemaybaydimy.org.vn/ ; Thẻ bốn ngày có giá trị trong bốn ngày bất kỳ trong khoảng thời gian bảy ngày, trong khi thẻ bảy ngày có thể được sử dụng cho bảy ngày bất kỳ trong khoảng thời gian 10 ngày.

    Bạn có thể loại bỏ cơn đau đầu khi tự lái xe bằng cách đi taxi quanh Honolulu, nhưng được cảnh báo: https://vemaybaydimy.org.vn/ve-may-bay-di-my-hang-thuong-gia.html . Phương pháp này tốn kém và rất có thể bạn sẽ phải gọi trước. Giá vé được quy định tại địa phương, vì vậy bất kể hãng taxi nào, bạn sẽ phải trả khoản phí ban đầu là 3,50 đô la, cộng với 5,88 đô la cho mỗi dặm đã đi.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Từ Việt Nam, hành khách sẽ khởi hành từ 1 trong 3 sân bay quốc tế là Tân Sơn Nhất, Nội Bài hoặc Đà Nẵng, hạ cánh tại sân bay O’hare (ORD). Một số hãng hàng không uy tín khai thác đường bay này: Vietnam Airlines, American Airlines, United Airlines, Japan Airlines, All Nippon Airways, EVA Air, Korean Air,...Vé máy bay đi Mỹ

    ReplyDelete

Total Pageviews